I discovered this paragraph:
‘We mortals are condemned not to speak at that level of no information loss. We necessarily simplify, and indeed, vastly so. But that sacrifice is also our glory. Drastic simplification is what allows us to reduce situations to their bare bones, to discover abstract essences, to put our fingers on what matters, to understand phenomena at amazingly high levels, to survive reliably in this world, and to formulate literature, art, music, and science.”
That is about as well spoken and thought out as it gets!!!
- Recommended Reading: AI pioneer Douglas Hofstadter profiled, the NSA files decoded and more (engadget.com)
- Finished Reading: Article On Douglas Hofstadter From The Atlantic Monthly November, 2013 (consilientinterest.com)
- Douglas Hofstadter (ddcolrs.wordpress.com)
- Douglas Hofstadter on Learning (my1nobel2037.wordpress.com)
- The art of translation, part 2 (nevalalee.wordpress.com)