I started this book over the weekend and an only up to page 36 but so far it is very compelling in which the author gets himself in some compromising situations in his pursuit of the study of the urban poor and their uses of available resources to move themselves to a more comfortable lifestyle using rationalization in my opinion to the maximum. I will write more on this book later but thus far I have found it very enjoyable from the standpoint of the author really opening up and sharing his feelings as well as the sociological aspects of the relationships he has with his subjects.
- Venkatesh Trawls NYC With Strippers in ‘Floating City’ – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- when your research population organizes against you, NYC sex worker edition (habanahaba.wordpress.com)
- IRB blues: s. venkatesh v. new york sex workers (orgtheory.wordpress.com)
- Floating City, by Sudhir Venkatesh, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- INTERVIEW: How New York’s Underground Economy Grew Under Bloomberg (nextcity.org)