I have been slow in reading this week and ran across some interesting predictions from The Futurist Magazine November-December 2013 issue and I thought I would share these with our readers.
(1) According to D-Wave One creator Geordie Rose, quantum computing could lead the way to true artificial intelligence. Rose predicts that within 10-15 years, they might be able to achieve true machine consciousness. Any comments on this readers?
(2) The Fraunurfer Institute has developed a smart instrument handle, which allows inexperienced surgeons to perform surgeries with the skill of veteran doctors and this device will be able to let doctors know when a screw is tight enough.
(3) According to Rob Bencini, students will move away from traditional forms of higher education. I believe we are seeing this now with MOOC’s and other online learning methods.
- Read Reason’s Complete November 2013 Issue (ivoter.com)
- What is Everybody in the Wearable Technology Community Looking Forward to on November 7? (wearablecomputingreview.com)