I finished reading David And Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell and I must say that I really enjoyed the book. I had written on October 10th that he had stated his goals with the book on page 6 and he met them. This is a book, however, that leaves as many questions as it does answers.
One of the takes that I got from the book is that when faced with challenges, how much our environment plays a part in our success or our failure. After having read The Sports Gene by David Epstein, I see the pivotal role both environment and genes play in our lives and how we move forward with our lives.
One of my favorite paragraphs from the book is from Chapter 8 and page 262. Without stealing the thunder from this chapter, I believe this is the entire thrust of the book:
“A man employs the full power of the state in his grief and ends up plunging his government into a fruitless and costly experiment. A woman who walks away from the promise of power finds the strength to forgive—and saves her friendship, her marriage, and her sanity. The world is turned upside down.”
This was an excellent book and if you have any interest in educating yourself in this area, I recommend this highly!!!
- Currently Reading: David And Goliath By Malcolm Gladwell (consilientinterest.com)
- Malcolm Gladwell’s “The unheard story of David and Goliath” (alexrister1.wordpress.com)
- David, Goliath and the appeal of the underdog: A Q&A with Malcolm Gladwell on this often-misunderstood story (baisho.wordpress.com)
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell (planetizen1network.wordpress.com)
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Latest Work (destlife.blogspot.com)