The following books looked appealing and I felt they would be of interest to our readers:
I am intrigued by books about the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China). This book is about the birthplace of the author and it explores his homecoming yearly to visit his elderly father. He writes in an essay form describing interesting characters and their observations about daily life in India.
The Numbers Game: Why Everything You Know About Soccer Is Wrong David Sally and Chris Anderson
The authors look into how rigorous analysis can be used to discount what experienced soccer fans define as conventional wisdom in their sport. I want to read this book to compare how the authors explore environmental factors and other areas that affect world-class athletes.
- Lessons from High-Growth SMEs (blogs.sap.com)
- living in Calcutta (3quarksdaily.com)
- China Only BRIC Country Currently Worthy of the Title -O’Neill (blogs.wsj.com)
- Russia hopes BRICS can create a polycentric world (thebricspost.com)
- Telling Tales by Amit Chaudhuri: The principle mode of our epoch isn’t business, but business (newstatesman.com)