“If rich countries were to admit enough migrants from poor countries to expand their own labor forces by a mere 3% the world would be richer, according to one estimate , by $356 billion a year. Completely opening borders would add an astonishing $39 trillion over 25 years to the global economy. That is more that 500 times the amount the rich world spends on foreign aid each year.”
I am going to have to purchase this book and check out the statistics from the book. Any readers have any comments on this excerpt or anything on this book, I would appreciate it.
- The Global Economy Is A Giant Ponzi Scheme (theglobalmail.org)
- Mobility: Past, Present and Future – Inevitable and Desirable? (themigrationist.net)
- How the Africa-China romance is killing Europe (africasacountry.com)
- 10 talks on predicting the future (ted.com)
- Ian Goldin on Glabalization (venitism.blogspot.com)